Friday 31 December 2010

Trainee of The Year 2010 :)

STOP PRESS!!!!

Now, in journalism, for a story to considered 'newsworthy' it must be new and current (no surprises there)

Well, this isn't exactly brand new information, but it's new enough.

I was named Catch22's Trainee of the Year at their annual Gala!!



Yes, that's me - alongside Charlene White of ITV News and Catch22 founder Tokunbo (it takes a lot for me to post pictures of myself in the public domain, so you know I must be proud).

I am extremely honoured and humbled by this; it was totally unexpected (luckily by the time my name was called to appear on stage I had changed into a half-decent pair of heels and left my hightops in my handbag!) and I feel super confident after the Catch 22 tutors felt my portfolio of work deserved a 98% Distinction. Thank you all so much.

It took all my self-restraint not to end up like this:



But the boost it has given me is immeasurable. I'm using this moment as a springboard into a new year with new goals; accolades are great, but we can't rest on old laurels forever. Onwards and upwards!

Thanks again guys (blush)

No comments:

Post a Comment